4 cloves of good quality garlic
1 stem of fresh rosemary
1 large onion
1/2 cup of frozen peas ( I have used dried peas)
salt & pepper
parmesan cheese, (Romano cheese is great for more flavour)
extra ingredients I've added are mushroom & bacon.
|Boiling the pasta& frying the onion, garlic,|
rosemary in butter + more
- Chop or crush garlic, dice onion, break off leaves of the rosemary.
- In a large saucepan, boil water &add a teaspoon of salt. Add pasta to the boiling water, stirring until it stays separated. If using dried peas add to the pot when you add the pasta or the frozen peas can be added 5 minutes into boiling. Once the water is boiling furiously, I put on the lid & turn the stove down so the water simmers.
- Heat a frying pan & add a good dollop of Butter, add the onion, garlic & rosemary.
- When the onions change colour, add bacon, brown, stirring to keep ingredients from burning, you can lower the temp to allow flavours to blend & cook through. Add mushrooms & finish cooking.
- At this stage I add a little more butter, some salt & cracked pepper to help spread flavours mix through the pasta.
- Drain Pasta, return the pasta to saucepan,
- Add the ingredients in the fry pan to pasta.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese & mix through the pasta.
This recipe is easily adapted to individual tastes, you can add extra garlic & cheese. My family love this dish. My pantry usually holds all these ingredients, so I find if It doesn't seem like I have anything in the fridge, which is the kids favourite catch phrase, I can whip this up quickly.